Shots are from Alandurai village in Coimbatore(on the way to Siruvani Reservoir) . Alandurai is a small village in the outskirts of Coimbatore. Siruvani Ghats are also seen as the back ground. Kutrallam waterfalls is only 5 Kms from here. Siruvani water falls and dam also have enchanting views. Siruvani lake is the second sweetest lake water in the world.
These shots are from Cotton cultivation field in Alandurai village, Coimbatore.
Organic cotton-Cotton farming depends highly on pesticides which is harmful to the environment. Most of the pesticides used are cancer causing chemicals. In organic farming methods nature friendly materials are used to fight against pests and fertilisers are also soil friendly. Thus organic farming made a revolution in the field of cotton cultivation in India, getting higher crop yield, lower growing costs and fewer health issues to the farmer. Another testimony to the slogan 'RETURN TO NATURE'.
Some facts about cotton
- Cotton is a soft fiber that grows around the seeds of the cotton plant
- India is 2nd largest producer of cotton in world
- Leading cotton producing states in India are Maharashtra, Gujarath and Andhra pradesh
- Cotton is mainly used in Textile industry
- It is used to make fish nets, cotton paper, coffee filter and in book binding.
Advantages of cotton clothing
- It is natural, allows better air circulation
- Keeps the body clean and dry
- can make variety of cloth items
- long lasting
- It can endure high temperatures so it used in hospitals
- Cotton is bio degradable and a renewable resource
- easy wash and ware
- Cotton is a nature friendly material which is beneficial for our health.